Join the Eagle News Forum
Joco Eagle Forum
Where locals report, read and discuss local news, debate important issues, and discover things to do in Josephine County. Private, safe, and moderated.
7 Reasons To Join the JoCo Eagle News Forum
- Too much news happens in-between issues of the Josephine County Eagle print edition. The JoCo Eagle News Forum is the place to read and discuss local news as it happens. You can report news which happens in your area or at a community meeting you attend. News and controversial topics can be discussed and debated in a civil manner without worrying about being flagged or warned by "Big Brother." Can you really trust local news you find on Facebook?
- You can discuss community events as they happen. Ever watch a county commissioner or city council meetings on your computer or TV? Now you'll be able to chat with other members in the JoCo Eagle News Forum while you watch. Do fact checking on the fly and make public comments. That should be fun!
- The JoCo Eagle News Forum is not a Facebook Group. Big Tech may earn Big Profits but it's not friendly to freedom of expression or debating controversial topics such as COVID19. There are many reasons to avoid Facebook for news and discussing controversial issues. Here are a few:
- In January 2021, Facebook banned President Donald Trump for two years.
- Ironically, Facebook locked out former Congressman Dr. Ron Paul from his Facebook Page after Dr. Paul criticized Big Tech censorship. Facebook called it a "mistake" and reinstated Dr. Paul within a day. In response, Dr. Paul commented, "Sometimes if you tell the truth, it is a threat to people."
- “Are you concerned that someone you know is becoming an extremist?” asked the Facebook notification, as reported by Kira Davis of RedState. “We care about preventing extremism on Facebook,” the text continued. “Others in your situation have received confidential support.”
- Just before their Senate run-off elections, Facebook shut down the campaign fundraising page for Republican Senators Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.). Why? "For policy violations." Both lost and the U.S. Senate is now controlled by the Democrat party.
- The JoCo Eagle News Forum is built on a better platform. The JoCo Eagle chose to "deplatform" Facebook and go in a different and far superior direction. The SocialLair platform was designed by a Navy Nuclear Engineer turned-software developer & leading marketing automation specialist — who wanted to build online community builders without the usual big tech meddling or thought-policing. His co-founder is a long-time Oregonian and marketing expert. SocialLair lets you filter your news feed by category such as Local News, Health & Wellness, and Education.
- You can private message JoCo Eagle News Forum members without annoying and intrusive ads or worrying about Big Tech privacy creepiness.
- Members who violate our community guidelines will be banned from the group.
- In the spirit of nondiscrimination, this policy applies to both rightwing nuts and leftwing nuts.
- Please choose the monthly subscription option if you can't have a civil conversation with other Josephine County residents.
- Your subscription supports the work of the Josephine County Eagle.
How much does it cost?
You can join for $5 per month or $55 per year. For just 16 cents a day, you gain access to the forum, join the discussion and support the work of the Josephine County Eagle.
Bonus: You will also receive the Josephine County Eagle Print Edition delivered to you by first class mail each quarter.
You get a 7-day free trial to explore the forum, read news reports, make posts and leave comments.
Terms: You can cancel your subscription during the 7-day free trial and avoid any charges. After the free trial period ends, you can cancel at any time and avoid future charges.
How do I join?
You can join the Eagle News Forum by clicking on one of these subscription buttons. You'll be taken to the shopping cart.
Upon receipt we'll email your invitation to join SocialLair and the Eagle News Forum. You'll also be added to our Eagle email list for daily updates.
During the JoCo Eagle Forum launch, we are limiting membership to 500 to avoid overloading our help desk with questions. Later we'll open up the Eagle News Forum and let more people in.
Thank you for your interest in the Eagle News Forum.